After a long time I am posting a quick recipe today.
Rice is something which is prepared in kitchens frequently. Sometimes, it so happens that rice gets leftover or we end up preparing it in a quantity more than necessary and we don’t really want to waste it but don’t feel like eating it either. We usually think of rice as a main course for either lunch or dinner.
What if rice can be used as a snack too? Onion and potato pakoras are common. I tell you, you can make rice pakora and they taste pretty good. After some I saw some leftover rice in the fridge today, I decided to try my hand at it.
|Rice pakoras made by me|
Here’s the recipe to get those taste buds working.
2. Besan (Gram Flour)
4. 2-3 Chillies (per taste)
5. Onion (according to taste)
6. Dhania (Coriander)
7. Garam Masala (Spice powder)
8.Water (1 cup)
9. Oil (To fry)
1. Mix Rice, besan, salt, chillies, onion, dhania and water so that it forms a thick mixture.
2. Make tiny round portions of the mixture.
3. Take oil in a kadhai (pan) and let it heat completely.
4. Fry the tiny round portions till they turn crisp and golden brown.
There! hot tasty and crisp rice pakoras are waiting for you.
Suggestion: Best served with hot tea or coffee as an evening snack. The good old tomato ketchup goes well with it too!
Hope you all give it a try! happy eating!