So it’s festive time! I hope you all are enjoying the recipes shared this month. My favorite month of the year. All festive and hopeful about the coming year. Today I am going to share my all time favorite recipe- The Pizza Toast.
This recipe is a quick fix for all your pizza cravings. My mother used to make it when I was a kid and I do make it occasionally now as well.
It’s fun and all pizza-ey. Makes for a great treat either as a snack or a full course for lunch or dinner. Makes for a great meal when you have guests coming over or don’t know what to make but want something lip-smacking.
Best part is you get the taste of melt in your mouth pizza, without a lot of effort. It’s a good recipe for your health, since it does not feel very heavy post the meal and of course it’s better for your wallet as well 😛
It can be modified with toppings of your choice. It’s vegetarian but can be made vegan too. 🙂
So here goes.
Recipe for Pizza Toast.
- Wholewheat bread (or white bread or any bread of your choice)
- Pasta sauce (you can use tomato ketchup if you don’t have pasta sauce)
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 2 small chopped onions
- 1 chopped tomato
- Cheese. (any cheese of your choice) For my vegan friends- Use any non-dairy cheese of your choice.
- Oregano mix
- Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste.
- ajwain (carom seeds)- optional.
- Frozen corn – optional.
- Spread the pasta sauce over your bread slices.
2. Add the chopped capsicum, onion, and tomatoes.
3. Add the cheese. Make sure you shred it or break it into small pieces.
4. Sprinkle salt, oregano, pepper and carom seeds on top. That’s it. Your Pizza Toast is all assembled.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 170°C. Bake in the oven for 6 mins at 170°C. Once the cheese melts, your dish is ready. So keep a lookout whether the cheese is melting or not.
6. If you don’t have an oven, you can prepare using a pan. Heat the cooking pan on full flame for 5 mins, place the bread slices. Now turn down the heat to somewhere between medium to low flame. Cover your pizza toast with a lid on top of the pan. Keep checking in between. Once the cheese has melted, your dish is all set to be served.
7. That’s it, you are done. your Pizza Toast is ready!! cheesy and all pizza-ey!
This recipe is a great quick fix for pizza and a treat for your taste buds too. So go ahead and enjoy this absolutely heavenly and yummy Pizza toast with your family and friends.
Stay tuned for the next recipe coming up on the blog.