Hi everyone! If you have read my last post on Why I quit dairy in my diet, you know how much I love my Chai and Coffee and struggled to find an alternative to it once I went dairy-free.
Today I want to share with you a very simple recipe which is my go-to recipe whenever I make coffee. (Which would be every day, hah!)
Making coffee without milk (If you like black coffee,that’s another preference altogether) but if you love milk in your cappucinos or latte or your daily cup of coffee, I would strongly suggest you try my coconut milk coffee recipe.
Not only is it delicious to drink, but it’s also quite addictive and will keep you wanting for more!
So if you want to go dairy-free but are looking for an alternative to replace milk or you just want to experiment with your beverage and try something new, go make this recipe!
Also, if you are on a keto diet and want to do a fat-first coffee in the morning, this recipe is for you as well!
Coconut milk has good fat, which is good for your body and keeps you going throughout the day. Even then I would suggest moderate use, not excessive use of it.
- Coconut Milk (Full fat or reduced fat. I use Ayam Brand Trim Coconut milk-45% reduced fat. It’s the best available brand in Singapore. Any full fat brand should work as well. Just use in moderation. )
- Instant Coffee of your choice. (Nescafe, Bru or any other brand you love)
- Boiled water
- Sugar to taste
- Boil water.
- In your coffee cup, add sugar as per your taste and coffee.
- Add only 1/4th amount of water in the cup.
- Now add the coconut milk. Keep stirring as you add. You can stop adding the coconut milk when you see the colour of the coffee change and become milky. Add to desired milkiness. I prefer it not too milky, just moderate. You can experiment and see how the taste varies
- Now pour in the remaining boiled water in your cup as per the quantity you usually like.
That’s it, your coconut milk coffee is ready!!
Deliciously creamy and so addictive!!
Hope you liked my recipe and if you do try it, let me know.