*Disclosure* Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link & make a purchase, I’ll receive some commission- at no extra cost to you, which helps me cover the costs for this blog.
Today, as the month of April comes to an end, I am sharing with all of you 51 ways of self-care and self-love that will give you a much needed boost a this time. We all have our bad days and good days and these self-care ideas are sure to help you cope whenever you are having a tough time.
2020 is proving to be quite a challenging year and the year of upheavals. So it is quite natural to have bad days and feel low during such a time.
Before I share with all of you these easy and fun ways of self love & care, I want to write something on this topic.
What is Self-Love/Self-Care?
Self- love means doing what is best for yourself. It does NOT mean being too proud or having a superiority complex. Infact, it’s the opposite.
Self-love keeps you humble because you know your own pluses and minuses and acknowledge that you are imperfect. Those who are vain do not love themselves since they seek validation from others & have not yet come to terms with their own imperfections. Those who are self-assured and love themselves, don’t really need any external validation.
The most important thing I have realized is that self love doesn’t mean having no self-accountability and making excuses for yourself. Making excuses also means you don’t love yourself enough to do what is needed. While it is very important to be kind to yourself and compassionate with yourself, it is also important to differentiate between being kind to yourself and making excuses Examples: I’m gonna skip my class/session/work/ meditation/workout today because I don’t feel like it. I’m going to buy myself those expensive shoes even though I know I should save that money, etc. Guys, this is not self- love. I learnt this after making some mistakes, but I have realized that self-love means inclusion of self-accountability as well.
Self love & self accountability go together. Self love and self care mean doing what you NEED and NOT just doing what you WANT. Self love & care mean knowing and doing what is best for yourself, even when it may seem tough to do at the moment. In order to know what is best for you, you need to start self-introspecting. You have to become your own best friend.
For me, self love means being honest with yourself, acknowledging the fact that you are not perfect and striving to improve yourself.
On that note, I am sharing with all of you 51 Simple Ways of Self-Care, to help you during a bad day at home.
Here’s the list:
- Brew and drink a cup of your favourite beverage
- Refresh your morning routine
- Wake up early
- Watch the sunrise
- Have a healthy & satisfying breakfast
- Write down or say a few positive affirmations.
- Write 10 things you are grateful for
- Take a detox bath
- Try a new face mask
- Breathe deeply
- Do Yoga
- Sleep well
- Exercise often
- Stretch yourself to relieve tension
- Meditate daily
- Order/make your favorite dessert
- Write 5 things you love about yourself
- Make a bucket list or vision board
- De-clutter 10 items
- Read a personal growth book
- Skip watching & reading the news
- Do something that makes you laugh
- Do a kind deed for others/ help someone/donate to charity
- Stop comparing yourself with others
- Watch your favorite show
- Have a video chat with family & friends
- Give yourself (or get) a manicure or pedicure at home
- Give yourself a head massage
- Light your favorite candle
- Listen to your favorite podcast
- Cook your favorite meal
- Do a digital detox
- Watch funny YouTube Clips
- Draw, paint, colour or doodle something
- Take regular small interval breaks from work
- Don’t criticise or belittle yourself
- Dress up as if you are going outside
- Click some pretty photos of yourself
- Listen to your favorite music
- Hug someone/ Tell someone you love them
- Drink a full glass of water & stay hydrated
- Read inspirational quotes
- Watch a motivational Ted Talk
- Wear your favourite perfume
- Turn your phone off for a few hours
- Do a Brain Dump
- Plan your upcoming week
- Leave some room for imperfection in your life.
- Dance like crazy
- Block/ unfollow people and social media accounts who bring down your self-confidence/ make you feel negative
- Set an attainable challenge for yourself for the next day
So here was my list of 51 self-care ideas. Do let me know if you try any of these and feel better!
Take Care of yourself everyone and focus on loving yourself and taking care of your mental and physical health during these crazy Coronavirus Pandemic times.
See you all in my next post,
Dream. Imagine. Be Crazy. Be You.