*Disclosure* Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link & make a purchase, I’ll receive some commission- at no extra cost to you, which helps me cover the costs for this blog.
guys, it’s Day 4 of our 10 Days, 10 Posts event.
I am sharing another recipe with all of you- Chocolate Covered Dates, stuffed with Peanut Butter.
Trust me, it sounds fancy, tastes amazing and yet is extremely simple to make. Infact, it is so simple, that I debated whether to share this recipe on the blog or not, because it is hardly any work at all. I finally decided to share it because they tasted so delicious! My husband who is my biggest critic, was quite surprised when he ate these dates and said they taste like some exotic chocolate!
Also, it doesn’t require any great skill in cooking/baking and everybody can make it!
The best part about these is that the dates add natural sweetness and you don’t really need to add white sugar. The only sugar which will be present is from the chocolate you use. You can use a darker and semi-sweet chocolate. If you are vegan like me, you can use a vegan chocolate bar or vegan chocolate chips.
Thus, this is a very uncomplicated, nutritious, mouthwatering and easy to prepare snack/dessert, perfect for those post lunch afternoons or as a quick bite with your cup of tea/coffee. It caters to all your hunger pangs & cravings!
So let’s go ahead and have a look at the recipe!
- 10-12 pitted dates
- 2-4 tsps peanut butter
- Melted chocolate 1 cup
- Cocoa powder 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- Granola or chopped almonds for topping (optional)
- Take the pitted dates & make sure their slit is open
- With a spoon fill the dates with peanut butter. Make sure not to overfill, else, the chocolate will not stick to the dates.
- Take chocolate-chips or any plain chocolate bar and melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl. You can use 1-2 chocolate bars depending on their size. I used 3-4 tbsps of chocolate chips. I didn’t really measure, I just melted enough chocolate chips to fill 1 cup / small bowl.
- To enhance the chocolate flavour even more, you can add the cocoa powder, if you wish to. It’s a completely optional step.
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate. Make sure they are covered from all sides with chocolate.
- Remove the chocolate covered dates immediately after dipping and coating & place them on another plate.
- Sprinkle them with any toppings of your choice like chopped almonds/ granola/coconut flakes. I used dried coconut & grated it into flakes and topped them. I also added some bits of granola from my breakfast cereal.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve.
That’s it! You are done!
Variation: You can even replace the peanut butter and place cashews or almonds inside the dates and then cover it with chocolate.
Do give these a try and let me know!
Catch you all in the next post.
Dream, Imagine, Be Crazy, Be You.