*Disclosure* Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link & make a purchase, I’ll receive some commission- at no extra cost to you, which helps me cover the costs for this blog.
Hi guys! It’s Valentine’s day already and I have new recipe for you guys.
Show off your baking skills this Valentine’s Day 2020.
This Edible Flower Chocolate Cupcake recipe is all you need for brightening up your day!
It has chocolate, chocolate chips, edible flowers and all the yumminess you can ever imagine!
They do not contain eggs & you don’t need a piping bag to frost these cupcakes!
Sounds simple right?
When I first heard of edible flowers being used for baking, I was amazed.
It’s quite a norm to use edible flowers these days and why not? Flowers do make anything prettier, don’t they?
There’s just something about flowers that spells beauty.
So yeah, that’s why I decided to add edible flowers and bake these cupcakes.
My husband is quite fond of gardening, so used homegrown edible flowers for this one. It’s a flower called globe amaranth. I used the petals of this flower. You can use any edible flower you like. Even edible rose petals would be awesome!
Me and my husband are all for being ‘healthy’ and like the low sugar cupcakes better. Hence, I have used less sugar in this recipe. You can tweak it like I have mentioned below, as per your taste.
So sharing with all of you this very very simple and yummy recipe for this Valentine’s day.
Show yourself and your near and dear ones some love!
1. Corn Flour 2 cups
2 White flour (Maida) 2 cups
3. Sugar- 6-7 tbsps or as per taste. (I used around 4-5 tbsps sugar for low sugar cupcakes)
4. Cocoa powder 2 tbsps
5. Vanilla extract 1-2 tbsps
6. Coconut milk (or any other milk of your choice) 1 cup
7. 1- 2 tbsps olive oil
8. Baking soda 1-2 tbsps
1. 4 tbsps butter (vegan or normal butter)
2. 1 cup sugar.
3. 1 tbsp cocoa powder
4. 1 tbsp vanilla extract
5. Edible flowers and/or chocolate chips. (Optional). I used the petals of edible flower- globe amaranth for decoration since they have a neutral flavour and look pretty too!
1. Mix all in all the ingredients except baking soda. First mix the dry ingredients and then add the milk and oil. You can add water if required.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C While it preheats you can add baking soda to the mix. Stir in one direction. Don’t stir too much. Let batter sit till preheating is done.
3. After your oven has preheated, pour your batter inside the moulds of your muffin pan. Do not fill batter completely in the moulds or it will overflow. Batter should fill around 3/4th of your muffin pan moulds.
4. Bake each batch of cupcakes for 15 min at 180°C
5. After they are done, remove the pan and then slowly remove your cupcakes from the pan.
That’s it! Now you need to decorate your muffins.
In order to decorate, you must allow your baked chocolate cupcakes to cool down first.
Till then you can make the frosting.
1. Let the butter soften at room temperature. Do not microwave it at all.
2. Add the sugar and stir. Keep adding powdered sugar till it starts forming a cream and starts stiffening.
3. Add in the cocoa powder & vanilla extract.
4. Add a few chocolate chips
5. Once cupcakes have cooled, frost them using a spoon. Just spread the frosting on top with a spoon. You do not need a piping bag, although you can use one if you wish.
6. Sprinkle edible flower petals on top or add some more chocolate chips for decoration and skip sprinkling the edible flowers altogether.
That’s it. Your pretty cupcakes are ready to bite into!
Hope you liked this recipe and do try it out.
See you all in my next post!!